If you are organising a Trek, please fill in a short survey. This will help us support you in case of any issues.


We strongly discourage Treks to take place during term time, that will result in large parts of the student body missing classes.


To arrange a date for your Trek, please refer to the 'Set the date' section.


Flags and media

The Student-led Team have London Business School flags you can borrow for Treks. The size of the fabric flag is approximately 1m x 1.5m. Please contact us if you wish to reserve one with plenty of time as the number of flags is limited.


Please ensure you return the flag to us as soon as possible after the event.


Photos and videos

We would love to use your photos and videos for marketing purposes, such as our annual end of year video on student-led initiatives. Please upload them to our Fickr or email them to us.


If you would like your photos to be featured on official LBS social media, please fill in this form.  Otherwise, you can also Tweet or Instagram the pictures yourself using the hashtag #whyIloveLBS.


Travel safety

If you are organising a Trek, please make sure that people at the school know who, where and when you are away. Fill in this survey!


If you have a travel safety related query please contact Student-led Initiatives.


Travel advice

Wherever you are travelling to, please make sure to check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website. It gives detailed information on travel overseas.


You can sign-up for FCO travel advice email alerts or follow them on Twitter and Facebook.


We discourage students to travel to areas with conflict, warfare or ongoing violent civil unrest.


Travel safety services

The school pays for a travel safety service called Intrinsic. It is an online platform that travelers are able to download to mobile devices be tracked in emergency situations. This service also provides safety information. LBS staff use it when travelling for business. There is no cost to students for utilising the service.


If you are interested in this service, please contact the Student-led Learning Team.


Travel insurance

It is imperative that all individuals traveling have travel insurance. An emergency abroad can be extremely expensive. For example:

  • A stomach bug/infection treated in a Californian hospital with return flights cost £100,000

  • A fall resulting in a broken hip, treatment in a Spanish hospital with return flights cost £15,000

Students are welcome to purchase their own Travel Insurance, but can also claim as part of the Schools insurance with Chubb.


The Insurers provide a range of medical and travel assistance services supported by a 24 hour emergency helpline. If you require assistance, you can contact the emergency helpline:

Telephone number +44(0) 207 895 3364

E-mail address


Please print the PA & travel insurance - Chubb Assistance Card, for information on medical assistance.


Note that there are different claims forms for the following types of loss;

Medical Expenses

Personal Property & Money


Personal Accident & Business Travel General


Email the appropriate form to


Each form has a front sheet which details the documentation required to settle the claim. Please attach a copy of:

  • the booking invoice,

  • purchase receipts of any lost or stolen items,

  • replacement invoices/quotes and receipts for any expenses incurred.


For journeys within the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, UK travelers should carry their European Health Insurance Card. This provides access to the reciprocal healthcare arrangements in host countries. Apply using the link above. You should receive your card within 10 days.


Oversea emergencies

What you should do in the event of a crisis overseas:

  • Develop a communication plan for regular contact with family/ friends and the School, so people know where you are.

  • During civil or political unrest, or if you feel threatened, make a decision about whether to leave the country, if it’s safe to do so. If you decide to stay, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to help you leave the country at a later stage.

  • Follow the advice of the local authorities unless FCO travel advice advises differently

  • Avoid all crowds, demonstrations or large gatherings

  • Remain in touch with your airline or tour operator and insurer

  • If you’re staying in a hotel, identify the emergency procedures in place


If you are unable to leave:

  • Follow the advice of the local authorities

  • Remain in touch with your airline/tour operator and insurer, and try to stay in touch with friends or family

  • Take sensible precautions until it is safe to attempt departure

  • If you need consular assistance, call the FCO on (+44) (0)207 008 1500

  • Depending on the crisis and location, we can offer a range of channels for you to request help.  We will advertise at the time.


Visit Gov.UK for more helpful travel tips:


If you have any questions about any of the above please email Student-led Initiatives. Also remember to register your trek with us so we can better support you in case of an emergency.

©2019 London Business School